This VMware vCloud Design Training course is designed to guide Participants through the decision points and policy choices available for designing and implementing a VMware vCloud environment. They will learn the effects of design choices in VMware vSphere, VMware vCloud Director, VMware vCenter Chargeback, and the VMware vShield Edge capability that is included with vCloud Director.
VMware Vcloud Training's Information
At the end of this course, you should understand the features and operation of VMware vCloud® Director™ and be able to do the following:
- Deploy vCloud Director
- Manage vCloud Director to satisfy private, public, and hybrid cloud business needs
- Configure VMware vSphere® storage to enable multiple tiers in provider virtual datacenters
- Create and manage vCloud Director organizations and vApps to satisfy business needs
- Create and manage vCloud Director catalogs
- Configure networking for organizations and vApps
- Connect organizations with VPN tunnels and static routes
- Interface vCloud Director to OpenLDAP and Microsoft Active Directory servers
- Configure network security between vCloud Director vApps and organizations with VMware vShield Edge™ firewalls
- Use VMware vCenter Chargeback™ to meter vCloud Director resources
- Understand the interactions between VMware vSphere Distributed Resources Scheduler clusters and vCloud Director.
By attending VMware vCloud Design workshop, Participants will learn to:
- Evaluate and design a multitenant environment to address private and public cloud customer needs
- Configure vCloud providers to accommodate heterogeneous server, storage, and network resources
- Design a network infrastructure optimized for vCloud
- Integrate vCloud Director security with existing Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) systems and design appropriate security hierarchies with security roles
- Design a vCenter Chargeback implementation
Consultants and sales engineers responsible for designing public and private cloud architectures with VMware products
- VCP-level knowledge of vSphere
- General vSphere design experience, with special emphasis on networking and storage
- Exposure to the features and functionality of vCloud Director, vSphere, vShield Edge, and vCenter ChargebackVCP-level knowledge of vSphere
Why choose SAI Learning & Consultancy Solutions?
Best Price in the Industry
You won’t find better value in the marketplace. If you do find a lower price, we will beat it.
What do we expect you to bring to the Virtual Infrastructure class?
Basic Linux command line knowledge is useful, but not required. Your instructor should cover what you need during the class.
You should make your instructor aware of any hearing or vision impairments before class begins on the first day. If you need other assistance, please contact the training center prior to attending the class.
What are the student system requirements for class?
The student will need an Internet connection with at least 200 kbps of bandwidth, a computer (either PC or Mac) running a supported browser as well as a Microsoft RDP client, and an audio connection.
- There is a long list of supported browsers, including IE 6, 7, 8 & 9 Firefox 3&4 and Chrome 5, 6 & 7 for Windows as well as Firefox, Safari and Chrome for Mac OS X.
- As part of the class setup information, a link will be provided to enable the student to download the current version of the RDP client.
- To meet the audio requirements, a student will need to have a computer headset/microphone in order to take advantage of the WebEx VoIP function (recommended), or a telephone headset/microphone with an available phone line.