In this course, students will learn to configure EMC Avamar, including Avamar Data Store and Avamar Virtual Edition, and Avamar integration with database applications, NDMP and clustered environments.
EMC Avamar Training's Information
- Avamar fundamentals
- Avamar administration
- Avamar backups
- Avamar restores
- Enterprise Manager and replication
- System monitoring and maintenance
Describe the Avamar advantage over traditional backup systems Define Avamar terminology Describe Avamar system components and processes Describe the Avamar deduplication backup process Install Avamar Administrator and Client software Create a group policy Run on-demand backups from the Avamar Administrator and Avamar Client interfaces Restore files using Avamar Administrator and client interfaces Describe the types of Avamar replication and configure Avamar standard replication Configure and use Avamar Activation Manager and Desktop/Laptop interfaces Describe Avamar server daily maintenance activities: checkpoints, HFS checks, and garbage collection Use Avamar tools to perform system monitoring, maintenance, capacity management, and troubleshooting
Benefits any storage professional who administers and monitors an EMC Avamar backup solution in single and multi-node environments.
Why choose SAI Learning & Consultancy Solutions?
Best Price in the Industry
You won’t find better value in the marketplace. If you do find a lower price, we will beat it.
What is EMC AVAMAR?
EMC Avamar is a product offered by Dell for hardware and software data backup. The huge volumes of data stored in systems is making the process of backup and recovery a lot more challenging as it used to be. Avamar provides the best solution by offering client side global deduplication, storage of backups on disk, centralized backup administration and replication of backup data between sites
Few Pros of EMC Avamar
- EMC Avamar is capable of performing full daily backups which helps in executing a single-step recovery process.
- Avamar deployments reduces redundant copies by using variable block deduplication which divides data into chunks and considers only the new bits of data.
- The Avamar software runs on a core Linux distribution that doesn’t require regular patching as it is not dependent on traditional server operating systems.