PRINCE2 (an acronym for PRojects IN Controlled Environments) is a de facto process-based method for effective project management. Used extensively by the UK Government, PRINCE2 is also widely recognised and used in the private sector, both in the UK and internationally. 2017 saw an update to the PRINCE2 qualification for the first time in eight years, following feedback from the global PRINCE2 community.
New guidance and exams have been released, with the updated syllabus having a stronger emphasis on:
- The core principles of PRINCE2
- Ensuring flexibility within PRINCE2 so that it can be tailored towards the specific needs of a project
- Re-evaluating the 'themes' guidance to include examples on tailoring
- The clarification on the link between these themes and principles
- Applying PRINCE2's guidance practically, with hints and tips on how to achieve this