The TOGAF 9 Level 2 content focuses on the practical application of TOGAF framework, building on the foundational knowledge and comprehension of Level 1, using practical scenarios to enforce concepts.
TOGAF 9 LEVEL 2
TOGAF 9 Level 2 Program Training's Information
Individuals certified at this level will have demonstrated their understanding of:
- How to apply the ADM phases in development of an enterprise architecture
- How to apply Architecture Governance in development of an enterprise architecture
- How to apply the TOGAF Architecture Content Framework
- How to apply the concept of Building Blocks
- How to apply the Stakeholder Management Technique
- How to apply the TOGAF Content Metamodel
- How to apply TOGAF recommended techniques when developing an enterprise architecture
- The TOGAF Technical Reference Model and how to customize it to meet an organization’s needs
- The Integrated Information Infrastructure Reference Model
- The content of the key deliverables of the ADM cycle
- How an enterprise architecture can be partitioned to meet the specific needs of an organization
- The purpose of the Architecture Repository
- How to apply iteration and different levels of architecture with the ADM
- How to adapt the ADM for security
- SOA as a style of architecture
- The role of architecture maturity models in developing an enterprise architecture
- The purpose of the Architecture Skills Framework and how to apply it within an organization
- Have a detailed understanding of the concepts, taxonomy and graphical representations of the TOGAF Reference Models and their application, including:
- Foundation Architecture
- Technical Reference Mode (TRM)
- Integrated Information Infrastructure Reference Model (III-RM)
- Applications and Service
- Understand boundary-less information flow
- The Standards Information Base
- Core metamodel concepts
- How to establish an architecture capability
- Setting up / running an Architecture Board
- Understanding of Architecture compliance and contracts
- Architecture governance and processes / role within TOGAF ADM
- Architecture maturity assessments / models
- Need for and make-up of Architecture skills framework
- Tools, techniques and methods for architectural development
- Individuals who require a deeper understanding of TOGAF 9 (e.g. System Integrators, Operational, business and IT developers, CIO’s and IT managers, Program and Project leaders, IT specialists, architects)
- Professionals who are working in an organization where TOGAF 9 has been adopted and who need to participate in architecture projects and initiatives
- Architects who will be responsible for developing architecture artifacts
- Architects who wish to introduce TOGAF 9 into an architecture practice
- Architects who want to achieve a recognized qualification to demonstrate their detailed knowledge of TOGAF 9
The exam is in open-book format, and includes 8 complex multiple-choice scenario-based questions. The exam lasts for 90 minutes and can be taken onsite (online) or through Prometric test centers.
Note, to be certified on TOGAF 9 Level 2, it is required to have passed the TOGAF Level 1 exam.
Why choose SAI Learning & Consultancy Solutions?
Best Price in the Industry
You won’t find better value in the marketplace. If you do find a lower price, we will beat it.
What is the purpose of the programme?
- It ensures that individuals are knowledgeable about TOGAF
- It is a common baseline of knowledge
- It provides a visible trust mark
What is the format of the examinations?
TOGAF 9 Foundation (Part 1) - Pass mark 55% (22 or more points out of a maximum of 40). This closed book exam comprises 40 questions in a simple multiple choice format, covering the Level 1 learning outcomes. Each correct answer scores a single point.
TOGAF 9 Certified (Part 2) - Pass mark 60% (24 or more points out of a maximum of 40). This exam comprises 8 scenario-based complex multiple choice questions, with gradient scoring. This exam is open book and covers the complete Level 2 learning outcomes. The correct answer scores 5 points, the second best answer 3 points, the third best answer 1 point. The distracter scores zero points.
TOGAF 9 Combined (Part 1&2) - This is a combined TOGAF 9 Part 1 and Part 2 examination for candidates who want to achieve Level 2 certification directly in a single examination. It consists of two sections, with pass marks as per the TOGAF 9 Part 1 and 2 examinations described above. Each section must be passed in order to obtain an overall pass mark. If you fail a section then no certification is awarded, however you only need retake the Examination(s) corresponding to the failed section(s).
What are the prerequisites for the exams?
The following sections detail the eligibility requirements. Note that ineligible candidates will be disqualified from the exam and no fees refunded.
TOGAF 9 Foundation (Part 1) - There are no prerequisites for the TOGAF 9 Part 1. Any and all candidates are thus eligible to take this examination.
TOGAF 9 Certified (Part 2) - A candidate must be certified in TOGAF 9 Foundation or have achieved a pass result for the TOGAF 9 Part 1 examination on the same day at the same ATTC provider as they are taking the Part 2 examination.
For candidates not taking the Part 1 exam in the same session, a candidate must have passed at least the Part 1 section of the Combined examination.
Candidates are obliged to provide their Personal Conformation Code to the ATTC provider if they have set their directory entry to confidential.
TOGAF 9 Combined (Part 1&2) - There are no prerequisites for the TOGAF 9 Combined Part 1 and 2 Exam. Any and all candidates are thus eligible to take this examination.
What is the retake policy if I fail an examination?
Candidates who fail an examination are not allowed to re-take any TOGAF examination for a period of one (1) month. A result received before one month will be VOID.
This also applies to the TOGAF 9 Combined Part 1 and Part 2 examination, so for example, if you fail the Part 1 section, you would still need to wait at least one month before taking the Part 1 examination again, similarly for the Part 2.
Is this an open-book exam?
This examination comprises two separate sections.
- The TOGAF 9 Part 1 section is CLOSED Book.
- The TOGAF 9 Part 2 section is OPEN book.
The Open Group's Examination Providers operate a clean exam room environment, so all applicable open book reference materials are provided electronically with the examination test. An electronic copy of the specification is built into the exam and becomes available in Part 2 only.