The ISTQB was officially founded as an International Testing Qualifications Board in Edinburgh in November 2002. The ISTQB is responsible for the “ISTQB Certified Tester”, which is an international qualification scheme and the qualifications in the scheme are based on a syllabus. There is an examination covering the contents of the syllabus. After the examination, each successful participant receives the “ISTQB-Certified-Tester” certificate.
ISTQB Foundation Training's Information
- Agile Software Development
- The Fundamentals of Agile Software Development
- Aspects of Agile Approaches
- Fundamental Agile Testing Principles, Practices and Processes
- The Difference between Testing in Traditional and Agile Approaches
- Status of Testing In Agile Projects
- Role and skills of a Tester in Agile Team
- Agile Testing Methods, Techniques and Tools
- Agile Testing Methods
- Assessing Quality Risks and Estimating Test Effort
- Techniques in Agile Projects
- Tools in Agile Projects
Through Presentation and Hands-on exercises, attendees will learn to :
- Describe how Testing is a part of Software development and maintainance activity
- Analyze Software Lifecycle models and outline the most appropriate tasks and test activities to be executed within the context of those models
- Explain the specifics of testing systems
- Describe and compare typical testing-related metrics
- Monitor testing activities by measuring the test object(s) and test process
- Describe how strategies affect test planning
- Explain the pre-conditions of test execution
- Explain the benefits of early and iterative test planning, and support the explanation with examples
Testing Professionals 0 to 2 yrs Exp.
Knowledge of Software Testing (Manual)
Why choose SAI Learning & Consultancy Solutions?
Best Price in the Industry
You won’t find better value in the marketplace. If you do find a lower price, we will beat it.
Are there any pre-requisites to take an ISTQB® exam?
The Foundation Level Core exam has no pre-requisites. Preparation on the syllabus topics (obtained either through attending a course provided by an accredited Training Provider, and/or through self-study) is recommended.
To take a Specialist exam, as well as the Foundation Level Agile Tester or Model-Based Tester exam, the candidate must hold a Foundation Level Core certificate, obtained by passing the Foundation Level Core exam. The possession of the Foundation Level Core Certificate may have to be proven by the candidate. Your local ISTQB® Member Board, or Exam Provider may allow you to take the Foundation Level Core exam on the same day as the Specialist exam. Please talk to your local ISTQB® Member Board or Exam Provider to find out if they offer this option.
To take an Advanced Level exam (Core or Specialist), the candidate must hold the relevant Foundation Level Certificate (Core or Specialist) obtained by passing the relevant Foundation Level exam. The possession of the Foundation Level Certificate may have to be proven by the candidate. ISTQB® also recommends practical experience before taking any advanced exam.
To take the Expert Level exam, the candidate must hold the appropriate Advanced Level Certificate as stated for that specific Expert Level exam. For the currently released Expert syllabi (“Improving the Testing Process” and “Test Manager”) the Advanced Level Test Manager certificate is required. Required certificates for Expert Level are shown in the “Expert Level Module Overview” document. ISTQB® also recommends at least 7 years of practical experience.
Is there any validity period for this certification?
Foundation Level and Advanced Level ISTQB® certificates, including Specialist ones, are valid for life.
Expert Level ISTQB® certificates are valid for 5 years and may be renewed either by examination or by completing 200 Certification Extension Credits (CEC). CECs may be achieved in a number of ways, including (e.g.):
- Perform a professional testing activity
- Take a relevant testing course
- Attend a testing conference
- Present at a testing conference
- Teach a relevant testing course
- Write a testing book or article
- Actively participate in a Working Group such as NB (Northen Blades) SIGIST (Specialist Group in SW Testing), ISTQB®
The Certification Extension Process provides details of testing activities and the credits that you can acquire for each activity.