IT Asset Management is the business practice joining financial, contractual and inventory functions to support life cycle management for IT environments. ITAM provides Service with a data source for the assets they are working with so the business can make accurate decisions about serving users and driving change. ITAM provides Finance with a bird’s eye view of an organisation IT balance sheet and compliance commitments.
IT Asset Management
IT Asset Management Foundation Training's Information
- ITAM introduction
- Services and Cloud Asset Management introduction:
- People & Information Asset Management (PINAM) introduction:
- Asset Management & Strategic Planning Overview
- The Asset Manager’s Role
- Ownership Structures & Identifying Investment Partners
- The Decision to Acquire Assets
- Retaining Property Management & Leasing Services
- Pro forma Preparation, Monitoring Performance & Reporting
- Strategic Planning & the Decision to Invest in Capital Improvements
- The Decision to dispose of an Asset Preparing an investment for sale is a multi‐faceted process.
The benefits of effectively managing IT assets in a business might include:
- Visibility and control of IT Assets
- Improve utilization of assets
- Compliance with audit requirements
- Compliance with regulatory requirements
- Reduce software and hardware costs
- Support organizational change and projects
- Align IT Asset Costs to Services
- Provide configuration data for Service Management
A successful ITAM program involves several departments in your organization such as budget managers, IT service departments and finance. The ITAM Foundation course is designed for all key personnel in these functions. We recommend that the course is attended by several employees from these areas in order to enable a successful and coherent ITAM focus throughout your enterprise, as well as individuals can also benefit from this foundation course.
|Examination type:||Computer-based or paper-based multiple-choice questions|
|Number of questions:||40|
|Electronic equipment/aides permitted:||No|
|Time allotted for examination:||60 minutes|
Why choose SAI Learning & Consultancy Solutions?
Best Price in the Industry
You won’t find better value in the marketplace. If you do find a lower price, we will beat it.
Who should get certified in IT Asset Management?
Anyone who works on any of the following business areas can be certified:
- Information Technology (IT)
- Legal, Audit or Negotiating Teams, etc.
What are the benefits of IT Asset management certifications for individuals?
Investment in ITAM training and certification can pay you rich dividends over a period of time. This could be one of the best decisions that you would make for your career. Let us see why:
ITAM certified asset managers are recognized worldwide. There are several roles that require ITAM certifications for candidates who are willing to apply, and without asset management certifications, you will not be eligible to apply. Demand for individuals with IT Asset Management Certification grows daily, and job openings in large IT firms reveals that almost all big IT companies have made ITAM certification mandatory. The salary of ITAM certified individuals are 30% higher than noncertified professionals working in the same role.
According to an “Indeed” survey, ITAM certified individuals earned an average salary of $130,000 in 2014. And, this is expected to increase further in 2016 given the high demand and relatively fewer supply of ITAM certified professionals. Professionals with IT Asset Management certifications also have the option to become ITAM members and take advantage of a global network of skilled individuals and IT leaders.
What are the benefits of ITAM certifications for Organizations?
Investment in IT Assets is the second largest expenditure for most of the organizations. Apart from a significant monetary investment, there are critical risks associated with the usage of IT assets. IAITAM certified professionals can benefit organizations in the following ways:
- Better management and significant cost savings on IT Assets – It directly impacts the bottom line
- Reducing the compliance and regulatory risks
- Significant Saving on penalties due to software audits
- BYOD (Bring your own device) is rising across the world. There is a huge inherent risk associated with this trend.
- ITAM can reduce such risks drastically.
- Better management and disposal of retired IT assets
- Establishing software license agreements, optimum level of maintenance agreements and negotiating better terms and price.